Monday, April 13, 2009

Everyday Plates



I'm debating with my fiance, Roger, about our wedding registry. Do we need wedding china? He says yes (for tradition's sake), but I'm less inclined to feel the need for wedding china. The whole argument is that when we have company over (or for special occasions) we should pull out the nice china. But shouldn't your everyday plates be aesthetically pleasing enough for company (i.e. close friends and family)? There is an upcoming information-gathering trip to Crate & Barrel to look at plates. 

I like these Virginia Sin plates that are cast from actual paper plates, with no two plates being exactly alike. And I love the idea that everyday plates can resemble something manufactured, but be so artistically unique as well as being aesthetically pleasing. Too bad I can't register for them (also they are a little pricey). But I wouldn't mind having one large sized plate around as a serving plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment