Monday, April 13, 2009

Hello!


Chocolate milk used to be a standard drink for me when I was young, especially when I would look forward to a weekend morning trips to Perkins for pancake breakfasts. They always made the best chocolate milk with extra syrup in those huge diner glasses. Now, cold chocolate milk is a rare treat brought out in my euro milk tumblers on a lazy weekend afternoon or piping hot in a weekend mug on a cold morning in winter. I love the concept of such a simple drink with so many associations, aside from being an aesthetic delight. Black & White milkshakes at the Charcoal Pit (which is still standing after all this time. My grandparents went on dates there!); Nesquik powder sprinkled over Bryer's vanilla ice cream in big bowls for saturday night movies at home... these were (and still are) my favorite treats. Nowadays, other things give me the simple delight that a tall glass of chocolate milk did solely. And this is my place to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment